Thursday, February 3, 2011

No sex Please Were British!

Well this is the Big week!! Opening night, always makes me feel a bit on the queasy side! But that is what drives me to perform, I always think its interesting how we as human beings thrive off of those feelings, the only way I can describe how I feel as lights fall on the stage and I prepare to run on with my first lines is my stomach is on a roller-coaster my heart is filled with popping Pop-Corn and my head is swimming with the words DONT SCREW UP!!! then I hit the stage and I am shocked that the minute my mouth opens I don't puke or spew out silence! I deliver me lines and the rest falls into place! It can be the biggest leap of faith for an Actor walking onto the stage. But that leap is only matched by the amazing firm and steady foundation of those you are working with! and Now is my Chance to Brag on my Co-Stars!!


Ian Ernsberger (Brian Runnicles) ! Has been not only a great director, and amazing friend but one of the strongest Comedic actors I have had the pleasure of working with. His interpretation of Brian Runnicles Has been zany! and spot on!! I am blessed to be working under his tutelage, and his vision of the Stage and show has be eye-opening!!


Kate Redfield (Frances Hunter) !! An amazing old friend of mine, playing my strong sassy and loudish wife! she has proven to me time and time again that she is a professional Actress who can keep her cool and focus in any situation! You will be astounded by her use of Comedic timing and poise, he facial reactions and attitude toward her mother in law are so true to what (many) have to deal with! she has been a guiding light for and my characters performance! 


Susan Moreland (Elanor Hunter)! Plays my mother!! and No-one could have asked for a better one than I have been blessed with!! Susan brings the Ideal "Mother-in law" to life with her condescending words contradicting her smiles as she checks every room in the old apartment, her dis-approval and love of her son ooze out of every word! and her choice of Aqua colored clothing screams!! I AM HERE NOTICE ME! 


Richard Mcinley (Mr. Bromhead)!! I have worked a few times with this man and every-time has been better than the last!! he is no stranger to the Alcove stage, and by all means never a disappointment. His role of Leslie Bromhead Bank Manager brings to life the essence of all my fears! Failure, negativity, and of Course loss of my Job!! Richard will not be anything but stellar in this show!! 


Jerry Redfield (Mr. Needham)!! Jerry has become my new favorite person, he is a strong actor who brings the mischief in this farce, no-one else I know could pull off the Narcoleptic like this man!! Jerry is new to me but I dare say I will be seeing more of him and soon!! you will be taken a back by his performance with "THE LADIES" and of course his puns (though sometimes hidden in the chaos) are ones you will be repeating on your car ride home!! 


Jim Miller (Super intendant Paul)!! Jim takes the stage with grace and Poise and looks dashing in police uniform, and as the show progresses we learn of Paul's little (double) problem!! Jim's voice is smooth and slow, that alone will have you laughing in your seats but his timing and delivery! will surely make you role onto the floor!


Jakie Hatch-Miller (Susan)!! The minute she comes in I say Good Heavens! and there is justifiable reason this vixen in scarlet holds no letter in the same color on her blouse but surely has gained the title!! you will laugh and love her portrayal of the young mistress of the night Susan!! Jackie has become one of my dearest friends but don't let that fool you, this naughty Minx must be set straight (out the door)!!


Jennifer Walters (Barbara)!! Susan's intern Laced in black enters with a young girlish charm, but soon shocks you with her fierce (ahem.....fill in the blank!), though she never says much she doesn't need too her face will show you all thats going on! Having just met Jennifer this production I am very glad to have her as a friend she is very sweet and just a blast to work with!!


Bonnie Pickett (stage manager)!! what is a show without its back bone and Bonnie is just that, many nights spent painting, e-mailing, following on book and handling mini-meltdowns has earned this woman the bronze star in theater!! we all love ya bonnie thank you for all you do!! 


Please come see this outstanding farce and Dinner is provided!! 
Dinner Theatre Menu Options
Prime Rib- $35
Phyllo Wrapped Chicken- $32
Vegetable Linguini- $28

Call 740-392-3076 to reserve your seats.



1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog design. I want a house that looks like this!

    Nice to see some pictures of you I haven't seen before.

    The show poster looks great!

    ReplyDelete